Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Ultimate Sacrifice

I spent this past weekend at home with the family. I love going home. I feel so comfortable, so blessed, and so incredibly loved there. I thank God everyday for the people in my life that love me so much and that I can love in return. 

During my amazing stay at home, the movie John Q was OnDemand. I haven't watched it in a really long time and I was bored, so why not? If you've never seen this movie, I recommend you first to watch it asap, and second to STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW. MOVIE SPOILER.  

So I'm a major cry-baby when it comes to movies. In this movie, there is a family who isn't financially stable. They have one son, who is probably around ten, and he ends up in desperate need of a new heart. Since the family cannot afford this procedure, or even the amount to place his name on the recipient list, the father decides he has to do something drastic...so he holds up the emergency room. After a while, it comes down to his son really needing the heart. So the father decides that his son can take his heart. He will die so that his son can live...

Of course I am BAWLING by this point. If that doesn't describe love, I don't know what does. My parents always tell me that they would die for me, and as I've grown up, I've begun understanding what they mean. I would do the same for them. 

God did that for me. He came down in human form, through his Son, and died for me. He loved me, an undeserving sinner, so much, that he took my death. He bore my punishment, for no reason at all. But there was a reason...He Loves Me. That's all it takes. Love. 

Love is the easiest thing, but it's the hardest thing to grasp. God loves me. I love Him. Enough said. 

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers