Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rescued

Psalm 13
 1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever? 
       How long will you hide your face from me?

 2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts 
       and every day have sorrow in my heart? 
       How long will my enemy triumph over me?

 3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. 
       Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

 4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," 
       and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

 5 But I trust in your unfailing love; 
       my heart rejoices in your salvation.

 6 I will sing to the LORD, 
       for he has been good to me.

This chapter from Psalms is actually a song that we sing in Sanctuary. I love it...along with everyone else who knows it. It's one of the most powerful songs that we sing there because everyone sings it as loud a physically possible. Know one cares what they sound like, and that's what makes it amazing. 

I love this chapter because it's so relatable. Everyone goes through the valleys and the peaks of life. Everyone feels alone sometimes. Life isn't perfect. You're gonna go through crap in life and we all know it. If you haven't gone through anything bad yet, then I'm jealous. But it's in those valleys where most people go to God. It's kind of a bittersweet thing, but people really do draw closer to God when they're in despair. Even though that's great, I hate it that that's the way it has to be. Why is it that we feel the sudden urge to lean on God when are in desperation, but don't give him as much of our time to him as we should when times are good? 

God has rescued me. He has rescued me from a bitter fate, he rescues me from the valleys, and he reminds me every day that I'm never alone. God has been good to me. He loves me no matter what. His love is unconditional. I just need to remember, even in the good times, that I should lean on him. I should praise him in any and every circumstance. My life should be a living praise.

He has been good to me

1 comment:

Followers