Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Today is Easter. We all know what Easter is. Even if you are not a Christian, you know what it is, but may not associate it with Christ. Maybe you associate it with a giant bunny or egg-shaped Reeses cups or those gross things they call Peeps (they are disgusting...).

What made Easter turn into such a corporate holiday? Who the heck came decided that the Easter bunny should represent the day believed to be when Jesus Christ died and rose again? Doesn't quite click to me. 

I think that society diminishes the whole concept of what Easter really is...even for Christians. Even just sitting here thinking about it, I don't think I've truly grasped the meaning of it all until just now. Well I don't know the meaning to it all, obviously, but I mean I'm just now getting down to the significance of it. 

I cannot even begin to image the reality of the Cross and the torture it must have been. Even moreso, I cannot image the horrors of hell and the torment that Christ went through for three days...all for me. And then to top it all off, He came back. He rose from the grave. Wow.

God is an awesome God. He let his Son die for a sinner like me. He watched Him suffer for someone so unworthy to be saved. I cannot even begin to thank Him for this gift. My second chance. My salvation. 

All I can do is believe, have faith, be aware and thankful for all my many blessings, and to live a life as close to the example of Christ as I possibly can.

Thank You, Jesus, for saving me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers