Sunday, April 26, 2009

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to make choices. I mean, I guess it wouldn't be very good if someone else made all of my decisions for me, but still. Sometimes I feel like it would just be so much easier to just nod my head and do what I'm told. But that would get old, wouldn't it?

For example, I  just got offered a job at a restaurant as a waitress. It would be easy to just take it, but something doesn't feel right about it. My plan was to go get applications from a million different places, and the first place I went to was J. Alexanders. They offered me that job on the spot and I took it. I was so excited, but you know that little feeling you get in your chest when something doesn't feel right? I have that feeling.

So this really isn't about whether or not I take the job. Tomorrow I'm going to get more applications so it's no big deal. I guess it's more about how God's got my back. He gave me the choice of whether or not I want to follow him, and I did. I am his and it's nice. I love the comfort of knowing that he will provide for me. So I guess the choices I make aren't that big of a deal. Yes, they are, but as long as I include God in my decisions, it's gonna be alright. 

It's gonna be alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers