Thursday, March 5, 2009

John 14:27

"Peace, I leave with you my peace, I give unto you, not as the worth giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27

So I just pledged with a social group at school. It wasn't easy, that's for sure. Every night we had a different "activity" to be nervous about, simply because we had no idea what was coming. It was always a surprise. Well John 14:27 is my club's motto and it helped me out so much during the whole week. 

Bible verses are so good to have in your head. I always have had a few memorized, but I never really understood how helpful they are until I needed it bad enough. That sorta sounds selfish, I know, but it sort of comes down to how when you're at your lowest, you get closer to God. Pledging was just a minor example, but it's even more obvious when someone close to you dies, or you're having relationship problems, or times when you feel alone when you get super close to God. 

I think that's why life isn't always good. You need the good times to know that God is good and the bad times to know that you can't do everything alone. You're never alone. 

Sorry if that was random, but it's just something that's been on my mind for the past week. 

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers