Sunday, March 29, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Today I was being negative, which is actually a rare thing for me. Normally I'm a glass half full kind of girl, but I guess I was just having one of those days. I was somewhat venting to someone on the phone and he told me a verse...Proverbs 15:15. He's a big fan of sending verses my way to look up, especially when I need a slap in the face. A slap in the face was just what I needed.

"A miserable heart means a miserable life;
a cheerful heart fills the day with song."
- Proverbs 15:15

Now I promise I'm not Miss Debbie Downer. I guess I'm sort of making myself out to look that way, but I'm  not. This verse just came across to me as a little slice of encouragement. We all have those days when we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and this verse is the perfect piece of advice for days like that. 

Turn that frown upside down. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers