Sunday, March 22, 2009

Philippians 4:13

"I can do anything through him who gives me strength."- Phil. 4:13

We all have heard this verse. I even have it written on a bracelet that I wear around my wrist every day. But I was thinking about it and looking back on things I've been through in the past, and I started to wonder...do i REALLY believe this? I can say I believe that with God, all things are possible, but sometimes I feel like I am just fooling myself. That thought process is totally and completely dumb. It's almost as if it's my placebo pill to get rid of a migraine. Just tell myself it's going to be okay and that everything is going to be fixed. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm getting that strength and I'm just living like a zombie getting through life.

The great thing here is that my thought process is off. I CAN do anything through him who gives me strength. I've been through interesting situations in my life that the word pleasant wouldn't describe, but I'm still here. I'm still kickin', I'm still breathing, and I'm still believing. God has given me strength to persevere through anything. And I DO believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers