Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Thought

So I was reading Lamentations the other day. It was required. I don't like reading sad things...I mean, hello! Lamentations doesn't sound pleasant. But as I was reading all the depressing stuff being said, I came across some verses that struck my attention...

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:22-23

Wow. I love that. After reading all these sad things and making me think about all the crap I've done so far in my short life, this verse actually gave me hope...it gives me hope. I love how I serve a God who loves me so unconditionally, that no matter what I do, He loves me the same. Every morning is a blank slate, and even though the past is the past, I am still loved the same.

What an Awesome God.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers