Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Bless America

January 20th is a date that comes every year, but is only important to most Americans once every four years. Inauguration Day. Today is that day.

Now I'm not going to talk about who I voted for, what side of issues I stand on, or what I think about our new President. I'm not much of a political person, so it's not gonna happen. Instead, I just wanted to say something short and simple (sorry if it comes off as irritated...well that's because it is).

No matter who you wanted to become the new President, be assured: Everything happens for a reason. Whether or not you like it, President Obama is the new leader of our country. Yes, I understand that people who weren't on Obama's side aren't too thrilled, but now  all I have to say is get over it. Accept it. There are so many people whining because they think the world is coming to an end simply because Obama is our new President and that John McCain didn't. Oh please. Our God is so much greater than that. What an insult to our Creator to say something so ignorant as "the world is coming to an end" all because of one politician.  I'm so sick of it. For one, on the literal side, only God knows when that day is so don't even. Secondly, ye of little faith. Take comfort in the fact that God knows what he is doing. Have faith that our Lord has a plan. He is an All-Knowing and All-Powerful God.

I  don't know about you, but I serve an Awesome God. I know that President Obama is in office for a reason. All I can do is pray that God will bless Obama  and to surround him with the right people to help him do his job in the best way possible. Pray for our new leaders and those surrounding the President. Pray for our country. Pray for this planet we call home. Trust in Him.

God Bless America.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers